UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Move Objects On A Form, Access 2007    

fritz
post Dec 19 2017, 06:52 PM
Post#1

I seem to recall there is a way to adjust how far an object moves when dragging it. The Access version I'm using doesn't allow precise movements - it seems there is some predefined grid it snaps to. The increments are small but on other installed versions, the movement is smoother. Any suggestions how to adjust?

--------------------
Thanks,
Harry

"Live and act within the limit of your knowledge and keep expanding it to the limit of your life."
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Dec 19 2017, 06:58 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

You can ajust the form's/report's GridX and GridY properties to make the grid more or less dense.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...

fritz
post Dec 19 2017, 08:58 PM
Post#3

I see the Design View tab when editing a form, but the gridlines are grayed out - as are the other controls (width, style, color). Is there a way to activate it? (2007)

--------------------
Thanks,
Harry

"Live and act within the limit of your knowledge and keep expanding it to the limit of your life."

RJD
post Dec 19 2017, 09:23 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Harry: If you click and hold on the object to be moved, then hold the Ctrl key, then move the object, the movement of the object should be smooth and not restricted to to the grid pattern. I am testing with A2010, but I think A2007 acts the same ...

HTH
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

missinglinq
post Dec 19 2017, 09:31 PM
Post#5

"it seems there is some predefined grid it snaps to"

Maybe it is...how were the Controls added to the Form...thru use of a Wizard? Try selecting all Controls then go to Arrange on the Ribbon and click on Remove...then try moving a single object again.

Linq ;0)>

--------------------
Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

fritz
post Dec 21 2017, 07:50 PM
Post#6

Oh for heaven's sake ... The Answer Is:

Arrange tab, then look for "snap to grid" and deselect.

Thanks everyone for help ... got there eventually, sigh. Now if I can only learn to read wink.gif

--------------------
Thanks,
Harry

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    23rd January 2018 - 07:04 PM