UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Web Browser In Form (google Map), Access 2013    

carlo
post Dec 28 2017, 07:53 AM
Post#1

Hi

It's possible use web control in form with coordinate save in field??

I use this code, but have error

'nota is my field

me.nota="43° 1'23.33"N 13°50'17.32"E"

Dim strURL As String

strURL = "http://maps.google.com/maps?q=" & Me.Nota

Me.WebBrowser87.ControlSource = strURL

Thank
Go to the top of the page

JonSmith
post Dec 28 2017, 08:20 AM
Post#2

I checked the URL and it seems to be valid when I use
CODE
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=43° 1'23.33"N 13°50'17.32"E
. Google maps loads that as somewhere in Italy.

However I cannot be sure you are copying the values correctly
CODE
me.nota="43° 1'23.33"N 13°50'17.32"E"
for example isn't valid VBA because of the double quotes inside the string so I cannot be sure what value Nota actually has....

You don't indicate what kind of error you get either leaving us to guess. Is google maps returning an invalid pointer error, is the web control not loading? Is VBA returning an error, on what line?

The last thing I can think of is I believe that the web browser control is basically like using Internet Explorer 8 or something, as such Google maps might not be compatible which an old web browser. I cannot be sure on this.

Basically, give us some accurate info and a proper description of the error and we can be more specific.

GroverParkGeorge
post Dec 28 2017, 08:24 AM
Post#3

UA Admin

Jon is write right in that the Web Browser control is based on IE 8, and can therefore be problematic.

Thanks for filling in the details of the error...
This post has been edited by GroverParkGeorge: Dec 28 2017, 08:44 AM

JonSmith
post Dec 28 2017, 08:53 AM
Post#4

From Google's webpage of supported browsers

https://support.google.com/a/answer/33864?hl=en

We support the current and the previous release of Firefox®, Safari®, and Microsoft® browsers (Microsoft Edge™ and Internet Explorer® 11). Each time a new browser version is released, we begin supporting that version and stop supporting the third most recent version.

So IE 8 is way out of support, it might work but Google might change something at any time that will break it.
But since we don't know specifics of the error who knows, that being said I wouldn't rely on the IE8 web browser control to navigate to any live sites. I only use it to display basic html made by myself. For example in Excel VBA there isn't a rich text control really available (I think you can download some activex ones but thats not too scaleable) so I use the webbrowser control instead to simulate a rich text box.

jleach
post Dec 28 2017, 09:04 AM
Post#5

UtterAccess Editor

The control supports IE4 and up, I believe. You can change the web browser control's version, see "IE Emulation and the Web Browser Control" heading here: https://dymeng.com/resources/browse-embed/

Also, I would be surprised if you don't have to URLencode the nota string.

JonSmith
post Dec 28 2017, 09:10 AM
Post#6

I've seen your Web browser graphs before and always thought they looked great Jack! I have been waiting to find an opportunity to use them myself.

Good to have the extra info about 'upscaling' IE, maybe that could solve the issue if you can upscale to IE11?

JS

jleach
post Dec 28 2017, 09:21 AM
Post#7

UtterAccess Editor

Good luck if you do... they're a bit of a bear to set up (I've wanted to get around to rewriting it for a long time now, but...). That said, they work great when they are set up. We use the same technique for displaying messages with action links in them as well, a few other things here and there.

In any case, I'm not sure what error OP is getting, but I'd be willing to bet the string encoding has something to do with it.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th October 2018 - 02:43 PM