UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Query With Nz Function Did Not A Correct Value, Access 2016    

Lin100
post Dec 28 2017, 09:25 AM
Post#1

I have a simple query that uses the NZ function as shown below
The first three have correct calculation.
The fourth which is Grand_Total have the wrong value. The number is very high even though the first three have a very low value.

1) Control Number Total: Nz([Control No To]-[Control No From]+1,0) <---- value is correct
2) Control2 Number Total: Nz([Control2 No To]-[Control2 No From]+1,0) <---- value is correct
3) Control3 Number Total: Nz([Control3 No To]-[Control3 No From]+1,0) <---- value is correct

4) Grand_Total: [Control Number Total]+[Control2 Number Total]+[Control3 Number Total] <---- value is incorrect

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SELECT tblCheckVerification.[Print Date], tblCheckVerification.CheckType, Nz([Control No To]-[Control No From]+1,0) AS [Control Number Total], Nz([Control2 No To]-[Control2 No From]+1,0) AS [Control2 Number Total], Nz([Control3 No To]-[Control3 No From]+1,0) AS [Control3 Number Total], [Control Number Total]+[Control2 Number Total]+[Control3 Number Total] AS Grand_Total
FROM tblCheckVerification
WHERE (((tblCheckVerification.[Print Date]) Between [Forms]![Weekly_Monthly_Yearly_Report]![From_Date] And [Forms]![Weekly_Monthly_Yearly_Report]![To_Date]))
ORDER BY tblCheckVerification.[Print Date], tblCheckVerification.CheckType;

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Check_Services_1.jpg ( 219.56K )Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  Check_Services_2.jpg ( 105.74K )Number of downloads: 8

Go to the top of the page

RJD
post Dec 28 2017, 10:40 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Hi: If you look at the images you posted, you will see that the values are left justified - like text rather than numeric values. The [Grand_Total] is simply the concatenation of the three text values. As a quick fix, try converting each of these values to numeric when you add them ...

Grand_Total: CInt([Control Number Total])+CInt([Control2 Number Total])+CInt([Control3 Number Total])

But I would look further into this, and discover why the values are being created as text in the first place.

HTH
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

Lin100
post Dec 28 2017, 03:06 PM
Post#3

Thank you RJD for your help.
The NZ function somehow change the number to character --> Nz([Control No To]-[Control No From]+1,0)
I have to use Cint as you have suggested to change it back to number. Now it added correctly.

RJD
post Dec 28 2017, 05:57 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

You are very welcome. Glad that worked for you.

Regards,
Joe

--------------------
"Each problem that I solved became a rule, which served afterwards to solve other problems."
"You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing."

Rene Descartes 1596-1650 (Mathematician and Philosopher)

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th July 2018 - 08:24 PM