UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Changing The Default Font In Access, Access 2013    

dflak
post Dec 28 2017, 10:00 AM
Post#1

Utter Access VIP

The default font for my version of MS-Access is a greyed-out Calibri, 11 points - about as ugly and useless as a font can be.

I've done the search on the web and so far, the best I can find is that you have to hack the registry! REALLY? Also, it's not just a matter of changing an existing registry value. You have to create a new key. How simple is that Microsoft?

Please tell me that there is a more sane method other than lobotomizing your computer (which is what I consider registry hacking to be).

I am smart enough to pull off a registry hack if I am told exactly what to do. The average computer user probably isn't. But I guess the thinking is, if you're not smart enough to hack the registry, you shouldn't be using MS-Access.

--------------------
Dan

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Dec 28 2017, 10:45 AM
Post#2

UA Admin

Where are you looking at this font. Forms? Reports? Queries? VBA?

You can change any or all of those. Which one are you primarily concerned about?

--------------------

dflak
post Dec 28 2017, 10:49 AM
Post#3

Utter Access VIP

The biggest headache is with forms. The labels come out in this hideous font. I suspect it will also manifest itself with reports, but I haven't gotten that far with my database.

--------------------
Dan

One spreadsheet to rule them all. One spreadsheet to find them. One spreadsheet to bring them all and at corporate, bind them.
Please zip and attach samples. It makes life easier for those who have to figure out what you are trying to do. Thanks

GroverParkGeorge
post Dec 28 2017, 11:17 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

Ah, Yes. Whoever thought faded out gray on off-white was a good look?

You can try designing a form with the specific defaults you want and save it as the template form for future forms. That's supposed to work, although I've not been successful at it myself.

Attached File  TemplateForm.jpg ( 149.32K )Number of downloads: 6

--------------------

BruceM
post Dec 28 2017, 11:52 AM
Post#5

UtterAccess VIP

You can go to File >> Options >> Object Designers. In the Form/Report section, type in the name of a form to use as a template for new forms.

I have never tried using a template database, but Allen Browne provided some information about how to set that up for Access 2007. I expect it is similar for other versions, but I'm not sure. The information is at the top of the What's Good section.

Yeah, what's with light gray on off white? Are they trying to make us feel old?

dflak
post Dec 28 2017, 01:40 PM
Post#6

Utter Access VIP

I can create a template form, but I don't see anywhere in the properties where I can tell it what the default font is for the entire form. I can put controls and labels all over it and then select All and apply the formatting manually - which is what I have to do with *EVERY* form I create.

Nothing like adding extra work to a process because of some design engineer's personal preference.

I guess it's brain surgery on the operating system time.

--------------------
Dan

dflak
post Dec 28 2017, 01:47 PM
Post#7

Utter Access VIP

I found the answer - create a template form but to change the font -
While you've got a form open in Design view, select the text box control from the Controls section on the Design tab. Look in the Properties window: it should show Selection type: Default Text Box. Change the font (and any other properties) there.
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP

One of our own!

--------------------
Dan

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st January 2018 - 03:40 PM