UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Open Form In Another Database, Access 2010    

mleatherman
post Dec 28 2017, 06:14 PM
Post#1

Hello, I'm working in DB1.mdb - form= frmQuote. After I enter a new Quote using this form, I automatically save the record to a table in DB2.mdb. I now need to open frmQuoteExtended in DB2.mdb and pull up the Quote info that was entered into DB1.mdb
Could someone please help me with the syntax for this?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Dec 28 2017, 06:43 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

Perhaps there's a better way to do this; it does seem like a bit of extra work that can be avoided.

You don't want to SEE that actual form do you? You just want to see the info it would show if you were to open it? And another copy of that same form, bound to the same tables, would do that.

Why have two separate mdbs at all?

You can easily link two different Front Ends to the same Back End and share the data that way. If you do that all you have to do is import a copy of the Extended Quote form into the first mdb and use it directly.

In fact, it's a best practice to split all Access database applications that way. The Front End contains only the interface objects--forms, reports, VBA and macros, and queries. The Back End contains only the tables.

Each user gets their own copy of the Front End, or FE, and the single Back End, or BE, is located in a folder to which all users have permissions.

--------------------

Jeff B.
post Dec 28 2017, 06:47 PM
Post#3

UtterAccess VIP

I'm with George on this ... why? Why keep the data in two separate mdbs? Please describe what problem is being solved by this approach ... we may be able to offer alternative approaches.

--------------------
Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP (2002-2015)

Mention of hardware or software is, in no way, an endorsement thereof. The FTC of the USA made this disclaimer necessary/possible.

projecttoday
post Dec 28 2017, 09:03 PM
Post#4

UtterAccess VIP

Hello, I'm working in DB1.mdb - form= frmQuote. After I enter a new Quote using this form, I automatically save the record to a table in DB2.mdb. I now need to open frmQuoteExtended in DB2.mdb and pull up the Quote info that was entered into DB1.mdb

Did you mean

Hello, I'm working in DB1.mdb - form= frmQuote. After I enter a new Quote using this form, I automatically save the record to a table in DB1.mdb. I now need to open frmQuoteExtended in DB2.mdb and pull up the Quote info that was entered into DB1.mdb

?

--------------------
Robert Crouser

My company's website

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th April 2018 - 12:38 PM