UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Handwritten Signature On Form, Access 2016    

renmoo
post Dec 31 2017, 12:48 PM
Post#1

Hi,

This "problem" is something that drives me nuts.

I want my users to be able to write (with the mouse ) a signature on a form. The user enters some data and signs the form..
Basicly; I want the user to selects his/her name from a pulldown menu on that form. On "after update" the pulldown menu will present a new form (pop-up) where the user is presented with a fairly large signing space. After signing and an "OK"-button the user returns to the previous form where his/her signature is placed in a smaller space under his/her name.

After that the form will be printed (report) with that specific signature. No need to save the signature.
I've searched everywhere and tried various access-examples, but nothing seems to fit.

Can someone put me on the right track?

thnx,

Rene

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

sts
post Dec 31 2017, 01:40 PM
Post#2

You would need to call an outside program, ie active x - Found one that charges if your in a bind https://www.microsoftaccessexpert.com/Micro...e-Database.aspx

GroverParkGeorge
post Dec 31 2017, 02:11 PM
Post#3

UA Admin

That link is broken. Please see about fixing it up.

--------------------

theDBguy
post Dec 31 2017, 02:15 PM
Post#4

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi Rene,

As already mentioned, you'll need an ActiveX control, but Access comes with a free one.

Take a look at the Signature Demo from the Code Archive or my website.

Hope it helps...

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Access Website | Access Blog | Email

payfast8898
post Jan 1 2018, 11:40 PM
Post#5

http://www.UtterAccess.com/forum/index.php...35275&st=40 is a post I replied to a while back, I've been using a signature page for my medical billing software for over 15 years now. look for my last uploads on one of the last pages of this post and read some of the comments. works great all code.

renmoo
post Jan 2 2018, 12:18 PM
Post#6

Thnx for all your support.
I gonna do my best to get this done

--------------------

theDBguy
post Jan 2 2018, 12:20 PM
Post#7

Hi Rene,

Good luck! Just remember, we're here to help in case you get stuck.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas

renmoo
post Jan 6 2018, 12:29 PM
Post#8

Thank you DBGuy.

I - more or less - implemented your solution. It works, but I have another wish. Can I start with an empty signaturefield? Everytime when the form "frmSignatureImage" opens, it opens with the former signature visible. In the correspondng table "tblContracts" SignatureData is filled.
What I would like is to empty that data every time the form frmSignatureImage loads/opens. Each time I alter your code, something breaks, so do you have a solutions?

--------------------

theDBguy
post Jan 8 2018, 10:43 AM
Post#9

Hi Rene,

Sure, for starters, you can remove the OnCurrent event. Next, you'll need to modify the Click event of the button to include showing the signature after the user signs on the popup form.

Hope it helps...

--------------------

renmoo
post Apr 16 2018, 11:45 AM
Post#10

Ok, it's been a while but i got this working.

What's next is that i want to show the name of the user and his/her signature on an unbound form? On a bound form (to tblcontracts) the signature shows in accordance with the user, but on an unbound form I can't get this to work. On that unbound form I have a image-control but it stays empty, no matter what I try.

--------------------

zaxbat
post Apr 16 2018, 12:53 PM
Post#11

I use a complete path & filename for the control source for image control...if there is some error in the path or name or if it cannot access it network, security, whatever..then the image just stays blank.

Actually, there is more to the way I do it. I point my control source of my image to a textbox....and I put the path and filename into that textbox....so I do not need to do refresh, repaiint, requery or anything...it is automatic. Also makes it easier for debugging because you can see the file/path right there for verification. You can just make the textbox invisible when you are finished with development/debug.
This post has been edited by zaxbat: Apr 16 2018, 12:59 PM

--------------------
Kindest regards, and Cheers!
ZAX

A picture is worth a thousand words and a zipped DB is worth a thousand pictures.
Oh, and....please don't disappear into the Twilight Zone.... Holler back with your results!

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th July 2018 - 06:26 PM