UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ms Office Object Library 14/15, Access 2010    

moke123
post Jan 3 2018, 12:06 PM
Post#1

hey All,

I have a recent problem that I'm not sure where it came from.

I primarily develop on my laptop with Access 2010. All my other office products are also 2010.
My office computer also has Access 2010, word 2010, and Outlook 2010.

Recently when I bring a project to my office for testing, upon opening the db I get an error message that theres a broken refernce to MS office 15 object library.

I'm assuming that it occured due to downloading someones example db from here or another site.

Is there any easy fix? how can I reset my laptops version back to 14? Would a repair do it?
Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 3 2018, 12:23 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

You should be able to correct the version reference by going to the References dialog in the VBE. Uncheck the missing version and select the correct version from the list.

--------------------

moke123
post Jan 3 2018, 03:11 PM
Post#3

thanks george, that I know. I can switch the reference on my office computer back to 14 no problem. The question is why does my laptop only have the MSO 15 object library with nothing higher than 2010 installed? All the other MSO references are 14.

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 3 2018, 03:41 PM
Post#4

UA Admin

That I have NO way to know.

Why do you think it might? Did you run that particular accdb on any other computer recently?

Keep in mind that users don't necessarily know and understand the implications of doing stuff you otherwise don't expect them to do, and may not have perfect recall of everything they've done. (Read between the lines smirk.gif )
This post has been edited by GroverParkGeorge: Jan 3 2018, 03:42 PM

--------------------

moke123
post Jan 4 2018, 07:30 AM
Post#5

I think I found the culprit.
When I bought my laptop it had an Office 365 trial installed which I had deleted but apparently not all the files were deleted. There were still some office 15 dll's left over in the common files folder.
I'm still not sure how all of a sudden that particular dll got registered to my access installation. I never ran or opened the trial and always delete that [censored] when i take it out of the box. I cleaned out the leftovers and its no longer showing up in my references list.

edit: wow. censored? the word began with a "c" and ended with "rap"
This post has been edited by moke123: Jan 4 2018, 07:42 AM

GroverParkGeorge
post Jan 4 2018, 08:43 AM
Post#6

UA Admin

The way a reference is set in any accdb is that it is opened with that version of Access.

Congratulations on resolving the problem.

Continued success with your project.

--------------------

moke123
post Jan 4 2018, 10:07 AM
Post#7

The way a reference is set in any accdb is that it is opened with that version of Access.

yea, that's what I thought but I've never used anything higher than access 2010.
It has only been the last couple of weeks that this has occurred and I havent used any other versions of access.
Even creating a new blank accdb the only reference for the MSO Object Library was 15.

Anyway, Thanks. I'm glad its resolved. It will bother me for a few weeks how it occurred but i'll get over it. wink.gif

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    17th July 2018 - 02:10 PM