UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Graphics In Report Header, Access 2013    

rpmazur
post Jan 19 2018, 12:40 PM
Post#1

Ok....this is going to be a strange one I'm sure. I am a non-commissioned officer (NCO) in the US Army and we have a thing called a leaders book. It contains a bunch of stuff that NCOs of various levels would need to reference. Currently, there are bulky/awkward PowerPoint and Word documents that are a pain to edit.

I want to create a database application that would allow an NCO to edit just the chunks of the book that they would need when moving to a new unit and click a button and re-print either the whole thing or parts of it as needed. The problem I am having is the unit crests at the top of the report. I would like to find a way to have the user just change the graphic in one spot and have the graphics at the top of the report by changing one item. I hope that makes sense.

I am attaching a screenshot of a sample header. The items in the red box would be what changes each time the NCO moves to another unit.

Any ideas? I am not opposed to using VBA if I have to.

Rob
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Report_Header.png ( 29.83K )Number of downloads: 1

Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Jan 19 2018, 12:44 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

2 ideas,

Use shared images, but I don't really like this as you are using attachments, which typically should be avoided.

Have a table that houses the path/file of each image and then use it to dynamically populate the image. This way your user need only change a path in an admin panel and instantaneously all the reports are updated. Moreover, for such things I typically create a report to hold each image and then insert these as subreports weherever necessary, giving me only one object that needs updating and it just cascade down into every other object where it is used.

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)

rpmazur
post Jan 19 2018, 01:40 PM
Post#3

Daniel:

Since I posted, I started playing around a little bit. If I use an attachment, I can do it, but now I'm having issues updating the image from a form.

So, I like the ideal of having the user place the path to the file or creating a static file name and location and having the user place the image with the correct file name. On that note, how would I go about accomplishing that? I'm still fairly new to VBA so if it's coding, I'd need help with that.

Thanks again

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st June 2018 - 02:30 PM