UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Exporting To Excel Decimal Places Problem, Access 2010    

Midnight
post Feb 14 2018, 10:06 PM
Post#1

Hi
I've attached an image file show the flow of data and the problem.
In essence, I am tyring to fix the problem of exporting a field which may have many decimal places to excel and then have that excel filed as part of a mailmerge document - but with only 1 decimal place.
I have tried using the Round function in filling the temp table to exported to XL.
I have set the attributes of the field holding the data to hold 1 decimal place.
Every data file from the imported CSV to the temp table to the newly created XL file all show only 1 decimal place.
BUT when I try the mailmerge, the mailmerged field shows all the decimal places.
The Mailmerge is handled by the Office ladies and I am wanting to avoid their having to "tweak" the exported xl file either prior or during mailmerge.

Any help is most appreciated.
regards
Paul
Attached File(s)
Attached File  MailMerge2Wordproblem.jpg ( 98.66K )Number of downloads: 7

--------------------
Scums3
Go to the top of the page

doctor9
post Feb 15 2018, 09:16 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess Editor

Paul,

What's the datatype of that field? If it's Single or Double, you may want to considering using Currency instead. That may seem odd because it's normally used for money, but it's got four decimal places of accuracy and doesn't have the problems associated with a Floating decimal point (which both Single and Double use).

Hope this helps,

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    19th June 2018 - 05:21 PM