UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search
2 Pages V < 1 2  (Go to first unread post)
   Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adding New Field To Existing Form Causing An Error., Access 2010    

BruceM
post Feb 26 2018, 02:51 PM
Post#21

UtterAccess VIP

I still don't understand the flow, but here's how it looks from here. A questionnaire is created (Questionnaires). It has a number of questions (QuestionnaireQuestions). Each Question has a list of possible answers (QuestionnaireAnswers). With this understanding, I do not understand the point of the Answers and Questions tables.

Next, there is a ResponseSession, attended by several people (Respondents), each of whom completes the questionnaire. One thing I can't figure out is why the responses are linked to the session and not to the individual respondent. Is Responses where the responses to the questions are recorded.

As for the report, did you try grouping on the Respondent? I don't understand the structure and all of the various tables, so maybe my guesses above have missed the mark, and grouping the report will address some of the issues.
Go to the top of the page

projecttoday
post Feb 26 2018, 03:08 PM
Post#22

UtterAccess VIP

In case it hasn't come up yet, you could try Duane Hookum's At Your Survey.

--------------------
Robert Crouser

My company's website

ciapul12
post Feb 27 2018, 10:43 AM
Post#23

At Your Survey database is designed in a very similar way to the one I have uploaded, it's actually more complex.
I had to convert it into access 2007 as it would not allow me to add attachment field...
I have tried adding memo and attachment fields into response table as well as question table but because I don't understand how it works I'm not able to get it to work...

Anyone interested to try take on this challenge?
I'm slowly giving up...
All I need is the ability to type a comment and attach an image when response is given to question but this is proving to be impossible with these 2 databases.

Thank You
Dan
Attached File(s)
Attached File  AYS_2000__1_.zip ( 354.19K )Number of downloads: 3

projecttoday
post Feb 27 2018, 12:58 PM
Post#24

UtterAccess VIP

Have you tried adding a comments field and an attachment field to tblResponses and adding those fields to the response form?

--------------------
Robert Crouser

My company's website

ciapul12
post Feb 28 2018, 05:40 AM
Post#25

Yes I have and very similarly to first database it worked but not as it should..
So when you add these 2 fields to responses table, Query and then form it'll allow you to add attachment to the response but if you start new survey and select the same response to the question you've previously attached an image it'll then automatically pull that image into new survey which is wrong because each survey is different/unique even tho questions and answers might be the same. This is the whole purpose of any survey, users might be giving the same responses to all questions but because each survey is completed by a different person it should only be pulling the information that were provided for that specific survey....

I am obviously missing something here and I wish someone could tell me where/how to add these 2 fields..

Best Regards
Dan

projecttoday
post Feb 28 2018, 05:57 AM
Post#26

UtterAccess VIP

You must be changing the wrong table. You want to change the table which holds the individual respondent's responses not the table that hold the possible response that a respondent can give. Just look at the data in the table.

--------------------
Robert Crouser

My company's website

ciapul12
post Mar 17 2018, 07:01 PM
Post#27

Hi There,
Still didn't figured this out... iconfused.gif
Is it possible for you to send me working version please?
Thank You
Dan

2 Pages V < 1 2

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st June 2018 - 02:52 PM