UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Objects Show 'updating' After They Are Imported Into Database, Access 2010    

crdata
post Feb 22 2018, 02:25 PM
Post#1

Hi everyone

I'm working in access 2010 and am creating a new, clean version of a front end database that I've been working in. I start by creating a blank database and encrypt it. I then link all necessary tables from the backend db then move on to Importing from my previous front end file. After I import the objects, (for this example tables, but it happens in each object type), the 'ready' message at the bottom left corner of my access window changes and shows the name of each table object and 'updating, click and hold ESC to stop'. It shows this message for every object that was imported.

I've never seen this happen before. It bloats the program and compacting when it's done doesn't return it down to a normal size. What previously took 5 minutes now can take up to an hour with no guarantee that the program works when it's finished. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks!
Caroline
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Feb 22 2018, 03:33 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

Is your other FE file also encrypted? Do you get the same issue if you use an unencrypted file?

crdata
post Feb 22 2018, 03:41 PM
Post#3

Hi - Yes, the other front end is also encrypyted. This happened to me once, but I closed all programs, restarted and tried the build again and it was fine. This is for a 2nd developer trying it on their pc, and they got the same problem. Their pc is a VM. I haven't been able to get a new clean build on their pc yet.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    26th September 2018 - 10:26 AM