UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Cbofilter Isn't Working Anymore, Access 2016    

lcrews
post Feb 22 2018, 05:15 PM
Post#1

I recently normalized my database (changing field names, data types, relationships, etc). I've finished rebuilding the queries and I'm working on updating the forms. One form in particular is giving me trouble. It's a form with 4 subforms and a cbofilter. When I type in a 'Raw Material' that is clearly listed in one of my subforms, they still all go blank when search.

Could someone please look at this form for me and tell me what I'm missing? I've checked the master/child link properties, I've checked the datatype of the fields, and I've tried recreating the whole thing.

To use this form, just copy a 'Raw Material' record from one of the subforms and paste it in the cbofilter.

--UPDATE--
It was in fact the bound column being used in the cbo filter. I've fixed the issue. That took entirely too long to find. lol
This post has been edited by lcrews: Feb 22 2018, 05:20 PM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Testing_Area.zip ( 488.7K )Number of downloads: 6

Go to the top of the page

GroverParkGeorge
post Feb 22 2018, 06:20 PM
Post#2

UA Admin

"It was in fact the bound column being used in the cbo filter. I've fixed the issue. That took entirely too long to find. lol"

Actually, the first time you bump into a particular problem, it is almost always harder to figure out a solution than each succeeding encounter. In fact, at some point you get to the point where you can say, "Ah, I bet I know what this is."

In the meantime, congratulations on solving the problem and continued success with your project.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    24th June 2018 - 02:15 AM