UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Record Is Deleted, Access 2016    

timstevens
post Mar 1 2018, 07:51 PM
Post#1

I have 2 databases. I want to export 1 table from Database1 to Database2. When I run the export I immediately get an error message "Record is Deleted" and none of the records are exported. Any ideas of fixing this? I assume one or more records are bad but I can't determine which ones.
Go to the top of the page

RJD
post Mar 1 2018, 07:58 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

Hi: I think we'll need more information on this. How are you doing the export? If code, what is the code? Have you tried to do a compact and repair on the two databases? Are there records in the exported table?

HTH
Joe

timstevens
post Mar 2 2018, 12:08 AM
Post#3

I'm using the External Data menu wizard. Not using any code. All tables but one export to the second database just fine. Yes, I did a compact and repair on Database1. I just created Database2. There are about 10000 records in the table, but none of them get exported. All other tables in Database1 export just fine.

GroverParkGeorge
post Mar 2 2018, 06:18 AM
Post#4

UA Admin

Occasionally error messages can be somewhat misleading and I suspect that may be the case here.

Try this. Open the target accdb. Try to import the problem table from the source database. See what happens there. Same error?

timstevens
post Mar 2 2018, 10:33 AM
Post#5

Good idea, but that doesn’t work either.

projecttoday
post Mar 2 2018, 10:42 AM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

I assume one or more records are bad but I can't determine which ones.

Why not? Make a copy of the table. Delete the second half of the records. Try exporting that.

zaxbat
post Mar 2 2018, 10:45 AM
Post#7

Is there anything different about that one file (other than that it is bigger)? Is it possibly locked open by another app, user, or even by your own app? Is it password protected? Is it linked in from a special location? Anything like that? Just thinking out loud here.
This post has been edited by zaxbat: Mar 2 2018, 10:46 AM

GroverParkGeorge
post Mar 2 2018, 10:54 AM
Post#8

UA Admin

Same error? Or does "Doesn't work" mean something else? The point is to identify the actual problem, if possible.

RJD
post Mar 2 2018, 12:51 PM
Post#9

UtterAccess VIP

Hi Tim: Perhaps we could help you better if you could post the db with just the table in question (zipped). It usually helps if we can gets our hands on the db and do some testing. Could be a bad record, or could be something else. Hard to know, or even devise tests, without having the db in hand.

HTH
Joe

zaxbat
post Mar 2 2018, 01:30 PM
Post#10

A quick simple test could provide insight.....

Just try to copy paste that table manually in the side bar..... does it copy ok?

timstevens
post Mar 2 2018, 06:36 PM
Post#11

the table is so large (13000 records) that I don't have enough memory to perform a Copy

timstevens
post Mar 2 2018, 06:37 PM
Post#12

No, I have complete access to both databases. no passwords. Nothing is locked. I am able to export the 15 other tables in the database, not just this one.

timstevens
post Mar 2 2018, 06:38 PM
Post#13

I'm in the health care industry so am reluctant to upload any file (HIPAA confidentiality regulations)

timstevens
post Mar 2 2018, 06:39 PM
Post#14

Same message: "Record is Deleted"

zaxbat
post Mar 2 2018, 07:11 PM
Post#15

I googled a similar problem..... compact and repair resolved the problem there.... did you try that yet?

timstevens
post Mar 2 2018, 07:14 PM
Post#16

Yes, several times.

zaxbat
post Mar 2 2018, 07:42 PM
Post#17

Do you get the same error if you create a new empty DB and then try to import your entire DB into it?

RJD
post Mar 2 2018, 07:59 PM
Post#18

UtterAccess VIP

Hi: Understand about the private data - I guess you'll just have to cut and try, cut and try, etc...

Robert (projecttoday) suggested this above ...

Make a copy of the table. Delete the second half of the records. Try exporting that.

If that gives the same error, take half of that, etc., isolating the possible bad record(s) by steps.

Another possibility, build a query on the whole table and see if it hangs up as it runs. Cut down (as above), re-run, etc.

Sometimes these are very hard to find, as you are experiencing...

HTH
Joe

zaxbat
post Mar 2 2018, 08:36 PM
Post#19

Not a split database is it? Does it have a front end and a back end? Usually the split database will have fewer corruption problems.

It does allow you to view the table, right? If so you might open it and one by one sort each column a-z and then z-a..... the bad record(s) may POP to the top where you can see it(them)....
This post has been edited by zaxbat: Mar 2 2018, 08:40 PM

GroverParkGeorge
post Mar 3 2018, 08:44 AM
Post#20

UA Admin

Another technique I've used successfully in a few instances is to create a "Find Duplicates" query on the primary key field. In more than one case, that's turned up a problem. Also, just make sure that the Primary Key field is actually still defined. I have seen at least one case where Compact & Repair caused Access to drop a PK and unique index restraint because doing so allowed it to retain as much potentially corrupt data as possible.

Custom Search

RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    13th December 2018 - 09:33 AM