UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Docmd.sendto Error, Access 2003    

ebwhittaker
post Mar 3 2018, 11:50 AM
Post#1

For some reason, and probably something I did, when I now try to send an email using the DoCmd.SendObject command I get an error 2293 Can't Send the Email Message
This was, and has been working, but now I get the error. No idea what I could have done. I am using Thunderbird as the default email client and the only change
to the computer was the latest update of windows10
Any ideas, suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Ed
Go to the top of the page

DanielPineault
post Mar 3 2018, 04:44 PM
Post#2

UtterAccess VIP

I don't have an answer but I will say that I've seen a number of threads relating to SendObject suddenly stopping to work after years of it working without issue recently. As you stated, I suspect an update breaking things. What I'd suggest is
  • Ensure your email client is fully functional (send and receive a test e-mail)
  • Manually updating Access
  • Performing an Office repair
  • Uninstalling any recent updates

What is your exact code?

Have you tried a simplified version, no attachments, just a simple hello email to see if you can send even that?

--------------------
Daniel Pineault (2010-2017 Microsoft MVP)
Professional Help: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
Free MS Access Code, Tips, Tricks and Samples: http://www.devhut.net

* Design should never say "Look at me". It should always say "Look at this". -- David Craib
* A user interface is like a joke, if you have to explain it, it's not that good! -- Martin LeBlanc

All code samples, demonstration databases, links,... are provided 'AS IS' and are to be used at your own risk! Take the necessary steps to check, validate ...(you are responsible for your choices and actions)
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    24th September 2018 - 10:25 AM