UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Employee Time Off Tracking, Any Version    

ws1o
post Mar 3 2018, 06:11 PM
Post#1

I've searched the forums here and found a couple of good ideas, but I'm still not quite locating what I need.

I'm trying to build a simple MS Access application to allow managers to keep track of employees' time off (PTO, sick days, vacation, etc), and to easily allow input or calculation of accrued time off; eg, if an employee gets 1.5 days off for each month worked, keep a running total of how many days they have coming to them...and, of course, be able to subtract days used up and display the balance, etc. I was considering having this happen automagically via VBA code, or is that too messy, and should I have managers manually update everyone's accrued time each month...?? Hmmm.....

I'll build the whole thing myself if necessary, but I didn't want to reinvent the wheel if someone already has something as a sample.

Thanx!

cheers.gif
Go to the top of the page

ranman256
post Mar 5 2018, 06:51 AM
Post#2

along with the tEmployee table
youd have the tEmpTime table,
-------------
EmpID
Date
Hrs
OffType (PTO, sick days, vacation)
Notes

this would hold the off time used by empolyee. Queries would sum the totals/month.

Youd also need to setup a configure table: tEmpHrsConfig
to hold the base lines for each employee and their timeoff for that year
EmpLevel, OffType, Hrs, Yr
Mgr, Vaca, 80,2018
Mgr, PTO, 30,2018
etc

nvogel
post Mar 5 2018, 08:19 AM
Post#3

There are probably hundreds of off-the-shelf time management solutions that do exactly what you are proposing here. If you haven't already then I suggest you compare your idea to what already exists and see if it's worth your time to come up with a completely new solution.

ws1o
post Mar 5 2018, 02:09 PM
Post#4

Yeah, I just want something "homegrown" with fully open source so we can modify or customize it as needed, sand support it ourselves internally, and have it somewhat simple, not some fancy, full-blown, expensive commercial application. That would kinda be overkill.

The idea is our small 30-person company wants an easy, quick way to let our 4 or 5 managers enter their employees' vacation and time-off requests, to track them, and to be aware of how much accrued vacation and other time off each person has coming to him.

As I said, I know I can write something myself, but if someone else has already done it, no sense reinventing the wheel!

nvogel
post Mar 5 2018, 04:33 PM
Post#5

Google is your friend
https://www.google.com/search?q=time+manage...t+software+list

Peter Hibbs
post Mar 5 2018, 05:34 PM
Post#6

UtterAccess VIP

Maybe you could adapt THIS ONE to suit your needs.

Peter Hibbs.

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th June 2018 - 10:56 AM