UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sub Form Help, Access 2013    

everettmiller
post Mar 6 2018, 10:38 AM
Post#1

Hello forum!

In my application there is a form called the Build Sheet that itemizes all of the equipment and accessories requested by our customer. This equipment includes both serialized items and non-serialized items and there is a flag in the underlying table to indicate a serialized piece. The equipment list is a sub-form of the Build Sheet.

What I'm trying to do is to lock a field, called FillCount) on the subform for each piece of serialized equipment but not lock the field for any non-serialized piece. Using the On Open event I open a recordset consisting of all of the serialized items and then set the FillCount locked property to true. However, when the Build Sheet opens, if there is any serialized equipment then the code is locking all of the equipment instead of just the serialized equipment.

Here's the code I'm using (Note that [DI] is the flag indicating the equipment is serialized.):

CODE
Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim dbs As DAO.Database
Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
Dim strSQL1 As String

Set dbs = CurrentDb()
pubTallyID = Me.Tally_ID

strSQL1 = "SELECT tblTallyRequest.Tally_ID, tblTallyRequest.DI " & _
    "From tblTallyRequest " & _
    "WHERE (((tblTallyRequest.Tally_ID) = GetTallyID()) And (tblTallyRequest.DI) = 'Y')"

Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset(strSQL1, dbOpenDynaset)

Do While Not rst.EOF
    If rst![DI] = "Y" Then
        [Forms]![frmTallyPullSheet]![tblTallyRequest subform].[Form].[FillCount].Locked = True
    End If
    rst.MoveNext
Loop

Set dbs = Nothing
Set rst = Nothing

End Sub

Any suggestions on limiting the field locking to just the serialized pieces are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Everett
Go to the top of the page

doctor9
post Mar 6 2018, 10:45 AM
Post#2

UtterAccess Editor

Everett,

Remember - tables have fields, forms have controls.

I'd try this: In the control that is bound to the FillCount field, try using the GotFocus event along these lines:

If DI = "Y", set the .Locked property to True. If DI = "N", set the .Locked property to False. (This could be further simplified if the DI field was a boolean rather than text.)

You may need to tinker with this. I'm not sure if the user clicks on the FillCount for one record, then clicks on a different record's FillCount whether this will trigger for both clicks or not.

Hope this helps,

Dennis

--------------------
(;,;) Li'l Cthulu says: Please talk about what you're trying to do, as well as how you're doing it.
Changing your real table name to "Table1" and your real form name to "Form1" in your posts makes it more difficult to understand what's going on, not easier.
Guidelines for Posting Questions

zaxbat
post Mar 6 2018, 11:56 AM
Post#3

Yep, Dennis has a good idea. Take a look at this to see how it works.

Although it might be done in the conditional formatting controls....think it is simple in the gotfocus event as Dennis said.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  ConditionalFieldLock.zip ( 35.07K )Number of downloads: 11

--------------------
Kindest regards, and Cheers!
ZAX

A picture is worth a thousand words and a zipped DB is worth a thousand pictures.
Oh, and....please don't disappear into the Twilight Zone.... Holler back with your results!

everettmiller
post Mar 7 2018, 01:22 PM
Post#4

Gentlemen,

Thank you so much for your advice. I added to my project and it is performing exactly as needed. I really appreciate the help.

Everett

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st June 2018 - 10:35 PM