UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mystery Parameter Demand, Access 2010    

SemiAuto40
post Mar 7 2018, 12:33 PM
Post#1

I'm having a time with a command button on a form that immediately after clicking throw up this Access 'Enter Parameter Value' of "Forms!frm_MethodEdit!txt_Methods_ID". I have checked all of the code for the button and the form itself. I've looked on the form for anything but I can't seem to trap this error. When I open the form the button calls for, BOOM, there it is again. Anyone have a trick to catch Enter Parameter Value popups happening before the form is visible?

Thanks.

Nevermind. There is a saved query which referred to a form control, and I could not see anywhere it was being called as form source, subform source, or control source. I stumbled upon the query and substituted the reference to the form control into a TempVars value.
This post has been edited by SemiAuto40: Mar 7 2018, 12:47 PM
Go to the top of the page

theDBguy
post Mar 7 2018, 12:47 PM
Post#2

Access Wiki and Forums Moderator

Hi,

Do you get the same parameter prompt if you manually open the form? If so, then the problem would be on your form. Check all the Form properties like the Filter or Order By properties.

--------------------
Just my 2 cents... "And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know" - Kansas
Microsoft Access MVP | Access Website | Access Blog | Email
Go to the top of the page

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    21st June 2018 - 10:32 PM