UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can Access Control The Mouse Pointer And Buttons?, Access 2016    

InfoHound
post Mar 7 2018, 01:00 PM
Post#1

How can i move the mouse pointer to a certain position on the screen using Access, also how would I use the mouse's buttons.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

nuclear_nick
post Mar 7 2018, 01:15 PM
Post#2

A lot of what you can do in VB6 you can do in VBA. (Not everything, as I understand it, but a lot, and depending on the Access version.)

So I googled it ("vb6 mouse move") and came up with a few things using VB6 that may work.

(Not putting up links to other sites... it's up to you to google... smile.gif )

--------------------
"Nuclear" Nick
The top three reasons to hide code; 1) It's not your own. 2) It's your own, but it's so crappy you don't want anyone to see it. 3) The comments in your code would get you in a lot of trouble if ever made public.

InfoHound
post Mar 7 2018, 01:17 PM
Post#3

Thanks Nick, I'll do that now.

Do you know where I should look to see if I have VB6?

This post has been edited by InfoHound: Mar 7 2018, 01:58 PM

nuclear_nick
post Mar 8 2018, 07:00 AM
Post#4

Allow me to re-iterate...

Most all the programming that you can do in VB6 you can also do in VBA. VBA is what the Office suite uses. Therefore, if you find a hint/tip/trick/book/site on programming in VB6, a lot of that will translate to VBA as well, from Office 2002-2003 to the present. Since you chose 2016 as the version you're working with, you shouldn't have an issue.

For instance, among the first things that came up when I googled 'vb6 mouse move' was a site named 'VB6 Helper', which contained code for moving the mouse to a location on the screen and 'clicking' the mouse button at that location.

So while not a 'VBA' or Office specific site, the code listing would likely still work. (I didn't try it, because I see no need. At a glance, I didn't see anything out of the realm of possibility for VBA. Use at your own risk.)

Is that enough clarification?

Good luck, and happy coding!

--------------------
"Nuclear" Nick
The top three reasons to hide code; 1) It's not your own. 2) It's your own, but it's so crappy you don't want anyone to see it. 3) The comments in your code would get you in a lot of trouble if ever made public.

InfoHound
post Mar 8 2018, 04:58 PM
Post#5

Thank you Nick

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    23rd June 2018 - 08:18 PM