UtterAccess.com
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Welcome to UtterAccess! Please ( Login   or   Register )

Custom Search

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Countif And If Combined In Formula, Office 2013    

halefamily104
post Jul 12 2018, 08:22 PM
Post#1

Hello UA!

Back again! I am working with a formula in excel 2016. Here is my formula

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("Stabilization", AllTracking!d15)) = FALSE, AllTracking!dd15>1,"full", 0)

I want to look in D15 and if it is "Stabilization", I want to look in DD15 and if that number in DD15 is greater than 1, to return "Full", if not leave blank.

I have tried several variations and nothing is working. Its giving me a "too many arguments for this function" error

Any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

halefamily104
post Jul 12 2018, 09:00 PM
Post#2

Update! I was able to get this to work. Here's what works

=IF(FIND("Stabilization",$D15),IF($DD15>1,$DD$13,0))

The problem is its returning a #Value error....

halefamily104
post Jul 12 2018, 10:32 PM
Post#3

As I continue to try and solve this, I thought I could just combine the 3 needed formulas but to no avail... This is the entire formula:

=IF(FIND("Intensive",$D15),IF($DD15>1,$DD$13,"")), IIF(FIND("Stabilization",$D15),IF($DD15>1,$DD$13,"")),IF(FIND("Maintenance",$D15),IF($DD15>1,$DD$13,""))

Any help will be appreciated!

JonSmith
post Jul 13 2018, 02:43 AM
Post#4

Update! I was able to get this to work. Here's what works
=IF(FIND("Stabilization",$D15),IF($DD15>1,$DD$13,0))
The problem is its returning a #Value error....

It works but it doesn't work....? That makes no sense.

Anyway, you are making this way too complicated, you don't need nested IFs

You only have one criteria. D15="Stabilization" AND DD15 > 1 (not sure where DD13 is coming into your other formula's as thats not described in your problem statement, nor where Maintenance etc comes in.
Based on your original specs you only need this.

CODE
=IF(AND(D15="Stabilization", DD15 >1), "Full","")

halefamily104
post Jul 13 2018, 02:26 PM
Post#5

Thanks JonSmith! That worked perfectly! I owe an apology for confusing things. It was late and I had been working on this problem forever it seemed like! I actually have three criteria to look for in the formula: Intensive, Stabilization and Maintenance. I thought if I could get the formula to work with one criteria (Stabilization), I could just nest the others into one complete formula. Sorry. Here is the breakdown:

In D15, there will be either Intensive, Stabilization or Maintenance. In DD15, it shows a number of "Full's". Intensive should have more than 4 fulls, Stabilization should have more than 2 and Maintenance should have more than 1. In DD13 was the column heading with "Full". My though process:

Look in D15 and if it was Intensive and the number in DD15 was more than 4, return the value "Full" which was listed in DD13. The same process for Stabilization (2 Full's) and Maintenance (1 Full). When I tried to combine all three criteria, it was returning a #Value error. So, essentially,

=IF(AND(D15="Stabilization", DD15 >1), "Full","") and IF(AND(D15="Intensive", DD15 >4), "Full","") and IF(AND(D15="Maintenance", DD15 >0), "Full","") is what I needed in the end. Again, I apologize!

Thanks so much for you help, though!

Custom Search
RSSSearch   Top   Lo-Fi    18th July 2018 - 07:44 AM