Full Version: Opening up 2 forms in Multi-Monitor mode
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Aquadevel
Hi guys & gals.
I use duel monitors while programming in Access. A client has asked if he 'could' open up 2 different forms within the same MS Access 2003 DB and split them between the monitors. I don't think it can be done, but just checking for input.
I think it would 'require' 2 instance's of MS Access being open, that MS does not want.
Thanks,
Aqua
niesz
Instead of making Access open in FullScreen, use the RestoreDown button (the one in between the _ and the X). Then widen Access across both monitors. Then open each form, one on each monitor. Do not FullScreen the forms.
Aquadevel
Nie,
mmm, 'which" key is that?
frown.gif
Aqua
Aquadevel
Nie,
Ahh can I say Duh!!... Had a bad day here, I read your use the RestoreDown button (the one in between the _ and the X),
As
I use the RestoreDown key (the one in between the _ and the X)
Thanks, for the info. I'll give it a try. frown.gif frown.gif
Aqua
niesz
Glad to help.
Aquadevel
Nie,
'
That allowed moi to move the 'total MS Windows, not just a 'selected ' one. sad.gif
Aqua
niesz
??? Not sure what you mean by that.
Aquadevel
In other (better) words,
It allowed me to move Access from one monitor to the other.
What the client would like to do is open an existing order on one monitor, and open/start another on the other so they can 'copy' what was used.
Thanks,
Aqua
niesz
Yes. That can be done as I explained previously (but maybe not so good).

Open Access across both monitors. Grab the lower right corner and stretch it out. (If you open it full screen, this is not possible. It has to be Window'ized) Then, open one form on one side and the other form on the other.
Aquadevel
Niesz,
hh, now I see what you meant. It will do what client wants.
Olove using 2 monitors to program, internet, etc.
Just never thought of expanding an app. across both. frown.gif
Thanks for the insight!
Aqua
niesz
It works great for large spreadsheets or recordsets. I've been using dual monitors for about 3 years now. I display the DB design on one and the code on the other. I'm considering getting another 1 or 2.
Glad to have helped.
Aquadevel
Its great for DB design.
Oused them in AutoCad years ago, but about a year ago went into DB development more.
Its also great for working on one thing, and having to search the 'net for info, etc. on the other. frown.gif
even have my laptops set up for dual monitors, for when I'm on-site.
Aqua
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.