Full Version: PopUp Calendar
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
tlclady
I'm only an occassional developer using Access. I had asked this question a year ago, but now I find I need to ask again. Does any one have a quick and easy way to select a date from a calendar in a form and populate the database field with the date selected?
Thank you for putting up such a basic question.
tlclady
I need to make a correction to my original post. I am using version 2003, not 2002.
R. Hicks
I use the popup calendar at the location below in several applications ...

Popup Calendar

RDH
tlclady
RDH,
Thanks. I'll give it a try, it looks simple enough even for me!
tlc
R. Hicks
It is very simple to implement into you application ...
You are welcome .. wink.gif
DH
Aquadevel
<~~~ Not ever knocking Ricky's advise,.....but
there are other calendar pop-up's that don't 'require' the OK, just select the date and it's gone. At least that is what the clients I gave provided a calendar pop-up with. and they like it.
Is always, it depends on the end user. frown.gif
Aqua
R. Hicks
There are hundreds of calendars that are scattered on the internet that could be used to do the task at hand.
But what if you inavertently select the wrong date in the calendar ???
I think I would rather see my selection then click OK to accept the choice ...

RDH
Aquadevel
Ricky,
agree with you on the "What if you select wrong date"....
But my clients <so far> don't wnat to have to click the <ok>.
Each and everyone us and our clients think differently, so we have to adapt to that. frown.gif
Aqua
R. Hicks
If the OK button receives focus after the choice is made .. they only need to hit <ENTER> on the keyboard to accept the choice.
And the OK button could be removed .. and the form closed as soon as the choice is made ...

At any rate .. whatever they want.

RDH
Aquadevel
The pop- up calendar I utilize in apps. inserts that date selected, without an 'ok'.
But user could still re-select the control to change the date if needed.
nyways, each of us and our clients heave their preferences.
Aqua
tlclady
I spoke too soon when I said it sounded simple enough even for me. I went to the website via the link, followed the simple instruction, but I keep getting a VB error when I try to actually use. Help!
tlclady
Nevermind. I got it!
adam
you can use MSCOMCT2.OCX
find attched file
R. Hicks
Glad you got it working .. wink.gif
DH
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.