Full Version: Caculator
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
cottentp
Is there any way to insert a pushbutton into a form that would open the windows calculator?
R. Hicks
Welcome to UtterAccess Forums ... <
ry
Shell ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\Calc.exe")
RDH
R. Hicks
Or .. you can add you own calculator to your application ...
See the example at the link below:
Calculator
RDH
cottentp
I'm still lost... new user. I would like to pursue the Shell ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\Calc.exe"). Do I create a pushbutton and use the "On Click" property to execute the command? If so, do I use the expression, macro, or code builder to assist me?
Thanks for the help, I'm pleasantly surprised that people are willing to share their knowledge for free.
Jack Cowley
Mr. Hicks appears to be out of the UA building at the moment so I will try and answer your question... Add a command button to your form. With the form still in design view open the property sheet for the button. In the Event tab double click in the On Click event and [Event Procedure] should be selected for you. Click the button to the right of the field that has 3 dots and this will open the code editor. Copy and paste the code supplied by Mr. Hicks, or simply type it in, where the cursor is flashing between the two lines of code. Now you should be able to click that button and the caculator should appear.
th,
Jack
Apologies to Mr. Hicks for jumping in here....
cottentp
So I have a new issue on this calculator subject. The information provided was great and it worked just fine but now one of my users keeps clicking the button, going back to the form, and then clicking the button again. By the time the user is done they have opened 15 applications of the microsoft calculator opened.
Can anyone tell me how to keep the calculator on top until the calculator program is closed by the user?
"Be a simple kind of man"... Lynard Skynard
Thanks,
TC
Jack Cowley
I am NOT a Windows person and this is Windows question so I am unable to help you. I would suggest that you start a new thread probably in the Q & A forum and explain that you are opening the Windows calculator and need to keep it on top...
Good luck.
Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.