Full Version: Hide Window - Menu bars
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
mikelink4
I already know how to hide the access window, which it works great for many of my programs to just display the form and that is it. The problem I have with access is that if I hide the access window to just display the form that i wish, I no longer can use Shortcut menu bars.
oes anyone know of a work around for this?
I was thinking if I could just shrink the Access window down to just a small panel in the corner of the computer window, this would enable me to use the shortcut menu bars. But I have no idea how to do this sizing in Code.
Hopefully I didn't confuse anyone with this question. If you wish me to explain more please let me know.
Thanks for your help,
Mike
freakazeud
Hi,
are you talking about hiding the complete access shell as described here or just hiding the database window (tools-startup...)?
Maybe you can clarify a little more what you are currently doing. With either method though the shortcut menus should work unless you disabled them and just to clarify a shortcut menu is a right click menu!
HTH
Good luck
mikelink4
hiding the complete access shell.
henever I run this code, I am unable to use my custom Shortcut Menu bars on Forms.
Thanks for the reply,
Mike
freakazeud
Hi,
just to clarify what are your shortcut menu bars? A shortcut menu is normally a right click menu and that should work unless you disabled it somehow!
HTH
Good luck
mikelink4
yes the right click, but when i run the code listed in your thread above I no longer have access to the right click menu.
ike
freakazeud
You should though!
Have a look at glen's sample db.
You can still use the shortcut menus ones the access shell is hidden!
HTH
Good luck

Edited by: GlenKruger on Fri Feb 22 17:08:22 EST 2008.
Edited by: GlenKruger on Fri Oct 3 12:10:12 EDT 2008.
mikelink4
I will compare the two and let you know what I find. Thanks for all your help
ike
freakazeud
You're welcome.
Glad I could assist.
Good luck on future projects!
mikelink4
When I used "SW_SHOWMINIMIZED" the Shortcut Menu bar does not work, but when I used "SW_HIDE" then the shortcut menu bars did work.
That would cause one to work and the other not to work?
Thanks for your help again,
Mike
GlenKruger
Hi Mike when you actually hide the access window the short cut menu's will work because you are relying on your custom menu's. When you minimize the access window it still uses the standard menu that is why it didn't work for you.
mikelink4
Glen,
Thanks for the information. I always feel that unless you know the reasoning behind an answer you really don't have an answer at all.
Thanks for the information again.
Mike
GlenKruger
Your welcome Mike,
Glad I could help explain it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.