Full Version: Drop-down list
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
kfergus
What's the best way to creat a drop-down list from a set of fixed values? Should I use a combo-box or list obx? Everytime I try to creat the drop down box I don't get the list of values I want to choose from.
Jack Cowley
What are you trying to create the combo box from? If you have a table you can use the table as the Row Source for the combo box (or list box) or you can create a query based on the table and use that as the Row Source.
bit more information on how you are trying to create the combo box should help someone here to help you.
Jack
kfergus
I have a table with the fixed fields however when I try to use it as the Row Source, I only have the option for my original table. The fixed info are just numbers representing a description code (unrelated to ACCESS). When I try either a list box or combo box I can see a series of columns but I can't choose any of them. I created a drop-down box in an old db but I can't remember how I did it. I can't attach my file in a mdb format so I don't know what other info would help here.
Jack Cowley
A combo box will show only a single column once you have made a selection. When the drop down list is showing you see all the columns but when the combo box 'closes' you see only a single field. In a list box you see all the columns all the time but only one, as with the combo box, is bound to a field on your table.
o attach your file you should compact and repair and then zip it. You cannot post an .mdb file.
hth,
Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.