Full Version: Hyperlink
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
realgoldn
Is a hyperlink the only way to open a web page from a form?
freakazeud
Hi,
what do you mean?
You need at least an URL to navigate to the site. You can use the followhyperlink method to do so:
pplication.FollowHyperlink "your URL"
You could also display the website within an access form if you look into the webbrowser active x control.
You still would need its url though.
HTH
Good luck
realgoldn
Does this command do the same as the application.flowlink? OptionLabel3.HyperlinkAddress =
want to try out the web browser active X conrol. Where do I place the URL so It can opent he page?
freakazeud
You can attach it to a button or you can set the URL on the on load event or whatever event you want.
Have a look at this tutorial!
You would use:
bbWebsite.Navigate URL:= "YourURL"
To make it navigate to it.
HTH
Good luck
realgoldn
Thank you.
freakazeud
You're welcome.
Glad I could assist.
Good luck on future projects!
realgoldn
Do you how this control works as fas as handeling cookies is concerned?
freakazeud
I believe it handles them the same way IE is. Since it is a browser control extension it must be tight to IE!
You could probably easily check and clear your IE history and then use the control and then reopen IE and see if the history reflects your resent visit.
HTH
Good luck
realgoldn
I don't know why but for some reason my webpage is comming up in the form as a small box in the left corner? Any ideas?
freakazeud
Hi,
no not sure what you are doing. Can't you attach your db zipped and kept under 500kb. Keep all confidential info out.
I will try to take a look at it.
HTH
Good luck
realgoldn
when i view it on my computer it comes up fullscreen but when I look at from another computer it looks small like this.see attached
freakazeud
Mhh...I'm not sure what could make it do that. I know there are some issues with actually resizing the browser control as it won't unless you delete it and put a new one before you save or view in form view, but it seems as if your browser control is as large as it needs to be, but its content is small!
HTH
Good luck
realgoldn
should it matter cause it was in access 2000
freakazeud
No I don't think so! I mean you can play with it and see if the database format will effect it, but I don't think it will.
HTH
Good luck
realgoldn
well that is the difference between my computer and the other computer that i could come up with. I viewed the same form on my computer but on the other computer it shrinks it for some reason.
realgoldn
this solved my issues
http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/bugs0029.htm
freakazeud
Isn't that exactly the same thing I said in the beginning?<
realgoldn
hmm i don't remember seeing that....thanks
freakazeud
wink.gif
beyondnerd
I have a table of urls that I'm using as a data sorce for a continuos form. there is a text box with the url (txtUrl) and a command button (cmbFollowLink) I used the following code:
pplication.FollowHyperlink Me.txtURL.Value
The button launces IE and takes me to the site but also minimizes Access Is there any way to prevent Access from minimizing.
beyondnerd
Just in case anyone runs into this I found that setting the new window parameter to true solves the prblem:
pplication.FollowHyperlink Me.txtURL.Value, , True
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.