Full Version: Update Query Not Updating with Correct Year
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Date + Time
jnsd03
I am trying to format a date as "mm/yy" and update that to a new field in the same table. When I add the "Format([Date],"mm/yy") to the update query it updates the year as 06 and not the year in the [Date] itself. For example I want the month for the date 10/24/05 to be 10/05, not 10/06. When I create a select query using the same Format example the month for 10/24/05 displays as 10/05 and not 10/06, so why is the select query working and the update query not working?
Thanks,
JD
Larry Larsen
Hi JD
Am I right in thinging you have a field/control called Date if so this is an access reserved word and should not be used.
I'll be honest and would save the date value as a normal standard format ??/??/???? and use the format function when I need to display the value in either queries/forms/reports.
thumbup.gif
jnsd03
The field I am using is not called "Date", I just used that as an example. Here's an example of what I am trying to do: Format([DD Comp Oder],"mm/yy"). Again the yy is always 06 which is incorrect.
Thanks again,
JD
schroep
Can you post the full SQL for your update query? Perhaps the problem will become evident.
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.