Full Version: Synchronizing forms
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
MERCME
Good Morning Everyone, I have a headache already!! I did this a year ago and now I'm trying to combine a couple of databases and I can't get these forms to work right.
Here's the problem. I have a form "FRMSCRAP" and when I click the button and move to the "tblreworkdetail" form it needs to pull information from the 1st form and it's not. The second form is based on a query.
Help!!
Thanks
RuralGuy
Hi Darla,
tried three time to download the attachment and the system could not find it. Do you want to attach it again?
MERCME
I didn't think this went through.. Yes I'll try again
RuralGuy
How big is it? Did you zip it? It still did not make it. Sorry.
MERCME
Hopefully I've got it this time
RuralGuy
You currently have no records to locate in the tblReworkDetail table. If a record does not exist, do you want to create a new record?
MERCME
Yes, when I click on the button in the FRMSCRAP for the tblreworkdetail form it needs to create a new record that is linked.
RuralGuy
See if the attached comes close to what you had in mind.
MERCME
This works as you add new records but, if I want to add the detail for old ones it won't work.
RuralGuy
I think you lost me there. There are no "Old Ones" yet so everything is a new record the first time through. Once you create the record it pickes up the previously created record the next time you access it. What am I missing?
MERCME
the FRMSCRAP shows records already created. If I wanted to enter detail information for those records it's not allowing me to do that. If you click the detail from button on the FRMSCRAP it gives you an error.
RuralGuy
I'm sorry Darla. What error are you getting? Are you referring to the Command button that has "Open Detail Form" on it?
MERCME
I copied the forms you created into my actual database and they work correctly. I just need the purchase order to synchronize also.
Thanks so much for your help!!!
RuralGuy
Now we pass the PO Number too. Copy the two forms to your real db.
MERCME
IT WORKS!!!
Thank you very much!!!
RuralGuy
You're very welcome. Glad I could help.
MERCME
I have encountered another problem. If I open the frmscrap in edit mode I have no problems clicking the control button and the reworkdetail form opens correctly. If the form frmscrap is in add mode it gives me an error when I click the control button to open the reworkdetail form. It says " Syntax error (missing operator0 in query expression '[nonconform id]='.
Any suggestions?
RuralGuy
Here's another db. The problem was that the New record had not been saved yet. I put in some code to test and handle that situation.
MERCME
Your my hero..I just might get through this yet. Thank you!!
RuralGuy
You're very welcome. Remember, this is supposed to be FUN! That is why we do it! compute.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.