AttendanceTypeID
AttendanceType
tblAttendance
~~~~~~~~~
AttendanceID
Date
PersonID
AttendanceTypeID
Okay, with that said, I need to create a form in which to enter the attendance of 20 or so people every day at a meeting, grouped by their department and signified by their attendance type(i.e. present, on the phone, absent, excused, etc). Can anyone help with what this form might look like? How many combo boxes do I need and is there a way to have the status of each person visible at the same time? It is helpful to have this attendance form up on the screen so the attendees can observe the progress.
Jerry Dennison
You may wish to add one more table, tblMeeting.
blMeeting
MeetingID 'PK autonumber
MeetingDate
Then your attendance would look something like this:
tblAttendance
AttendanceID 'PK autonumber
MeetingID 'FK to tblMeeting
PersonID 'FK to tblPerson
AttendanceTypeID 'FK to tblAttendanceType
HAs for display, you would have a form based on tblMeeting and a subform to capture the attendees (you need only have a combobox for the attendee and attendance type).
The tricky part would be assigning records to those that do not attend. This will require that someone enter the records for those that actually attended and those that did not (but were supposed to) attend with the attendance type code.
quizkiwi
I try never to ask this, but I am having no luck and need an example. I cannot get the combo boxes to control the data in the subform, any kind of example will help

Thanks
Jerry Dennison
You need to be more specific.
quizkiwi
Okay so the design you describe with one form based on the tblmeeting and a subform to capture the attendees. How does this look? I have the form based on the tblmeeting and I have a combo box that picks a person and an attendance type. How do i get that subform to show the people and their attendance type?
Jerry Dennison
The subform would have the people and attendence type, not the main form. The main form is only for information specific to the meeting not the people attending the meeting (these are two different entities).
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.