Full Version: 2 or more values in a Crosstab Report
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Reports
Debskh
Is it possible to have 2 values in a crosstab report? For example, column headers are month of the year, row header is Location, and the value needs to show a figure for Demand and a figure for Inventory next to each other under each month (and of course the appropriate summing at the end of the report)

Is this possible in Access?

Thanks in advance for any help.
GroverParkGeorge
I doubt it, but you might be able to finesse this by starting out with another query which concatenates the Demand/Inventory pair for each location as a single field. Then you could use that query as the recordsource for the crosstab.

HTH

George

Edited by: GroverParkGeorge on Sat Jan 14 20:39:35 EST 2006.
Larry Larsen
Hi
I have seen a multivalue crosstab demo but I'm unable to find it at the moment, what I have found is an old image I used to show the results from demo.
Attached..
If I remember it used a small function to populate the values..
If I find it I'll post it up.
thumbup.gif
Debskh
Thanks, I had a feeling it may not be possible. I thought about concatenating the two values as well, but then I will not be able to calculate on the values. The screen shot is exactly what I need, Larry. It also looks like the values can be summed and such. It would be very helpful if you will be able to find that demo. O_o

Thanks in advance.
Larry Larsen
Hi
Here your are..
thumbup.gif
GroverParkGeorge
Excellent. Thanks.

I was thinking that you'd have to do the concatenation in a precursur query. Just goes to show that it doesn't pay to leap to conclusions.
Debskh
Larry you're a dream! I was actually resorting to Crystal Reports! *gasp* ! Thanks very much!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.