Full Version: Warning on open event
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
jdharris
This one should be simple for you pros. I have a database that resides in an eRoom that only employees of the department can access. I had to put the database here because it is the only area shared by the entire department. That being said, the eRoom has some functional limitations. One being, it will not save changes if more than one person is working in the database at the same time unless you right click on the access key and select edit. I want to set an on open warning for those individuals that try to access the database by simply clicking on it.
Can someone tell me how I can do this?
Thank You!!
tshudt
You might be better served if you split your database and have multiple copies of your front end. This way multiple employees can work with the database without having to manualy save records. To split the database click on "tools", "Database Utilities" then "Database Splitter". Before doing so though make a backup copy of your database.
Hope this helps.
Tim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.