Full Version: Updating controls on subform
UtterAccess Forums > MicrosoftŪ Access > Access Forms
Determined
Hi, I am working on a small project and have found this site really helpful.
I have a from with Option controls (ie radio buttions options Full, Assessed and Nil). The controls work well on the main form but I was wondering if there is a way to update the sub form once the option is chosen, at the moment you have to scroll away from the sub form and back to see the effect of the choice. Any ideas?
Thanks for your time.
sredworb
Hi Determined,
Can you attach a copy of your db?
Not sure what you are trying to say, would be easier to see for myself.
Jerry
Determined
Hi Jerry, thanks for getting back to me. I tried sending the db but didnt work so here is a screen dump hope this helps?
Thanks
Simon
sredworb
Hey,
It would be easier to add an after update / requery event to your project if you could attach it.
Check here if you're not sure how to attach a file,,,really easy.
ATTACHING A FILE
Determined
Here is the file, hope you can help. Thanks simon
sredworb
Hey Simon,

See if this is what you want..

Let me know if you need some more help.

Jerry
Determined
Hi Jerry
Yrry
Your a star!! a real pro, That is great, what did you do?????
Just one more thing if you don't mind me asking, I have been working on this and learning as I go and I would like to get it finished. There seems to be a problem when a new client is now added and it comes up with missing data in client table. What am I missing?
Can you take a look and help??
Thanks
Simon
sredworb
Is an error popping up saying something to the effect that a record must be created .....etc..?
sredworb
Hey Simon,
got some time to kill, mind if I change a few things and shoot it back at you?
Jerry
Determined
Jerry the star!
Not at all yes please, I would appreciate that. Can't wait, thanks again
Simon
sredworb
Hey Simon
Hope you don't mind, did a change on your client form..
Let me know
Jerry
Determined
Jerry
That is a whole lot better, how do I use it with my db? And how do I get in to change it if need be?
Simon
sredworb
Working on it,,I will complete a full copy (overhaul) of what you uploaded. When it's completed, if you have other tables to add to it or you are to add it to a different database, then we'll work on that later.
ive me abit...
jmcwk
Simon,

Just a comment when you make a reply to a post and want the poster to see your reply you need to click the reply button to the right of the post and then post your reply otherwise they may not get it. Not a criticism just an FYI thing.
Edited by: jmcwk on Fri May 12 17:30:14 EDT 2006.
Determined
Hi John,
ight got that and will do, all this is new to me, keep it comming.
Simon
Determined
Hi Jerry
got the Client form, thanks it looks great. I am looking forward to see how you did it learning code is great!
Simon
sredworb
Hi Simon,

Finished your db.

Let me know what you think, I put some NotInList Events along with some other things onto your db.

Only change I could see to make, from my view, would be to add some navigation to the contract page that would allow scrolling through records instead of using default navigation buttons..

But hey, take a look and let me know.

Hope it works for you.

Jerry
Determined
Jerry,
It makes a whole lot of sense what you did, and it is great and looks more professional. Can I ask a couple of questions as I would like to learn more if that is OK with you?
1. How do I get into view the normal access window so that I can look at the design and code etc. It is not my normal screen and I can not change anything.:-( Is it protected in some way?
2. I know that there is a problem with the "referntial ingerity" as I was getting an error on the contract screen when I tried putting in a new contract, I see yours works fine, which is what I expected, but what did I do wrong?
I am so keen to learn more, and I appreciate what you have done.
Finally, I agree, it would make sense to have buttons on the contract and invoice screen as it would make it easier to use.
Kind regards
Simon
Determined
Jerry
orry, me again!
I have tested the db with some info, it accepts the new client, contract and invoice but when I return to client form and then return to contract - nothing apperars. I see that ClientID in the contract table is 0 could this be the reason?
Simon
sredworb
Hi Simon,
et me check, I thought I saw a problem with the assessed amount control..
Let me iron out the issues, when I discovered the problems it was too late to edit the post.
I will tear it apart when I go back to work in a few hours, should be done by tomorrow ...
We'll get it working,
HAs far as seeing the database screen,
Just hold down the Shift Key on your keyboard when you click to open the database.
Jerry
Determined
Jerry,
Hope work was not too hectic, what with all my questions. Thanks again.
Simon
sredworb
Hi Simon,
Not a problem..hey I have a lot to learn also so helping other people also helps me..
You're Welcome..
Jerry
sredworb
Hey Simon,
think this new design will probably work best for you, the Toggle Link is good eye candy but your database isn't that complex.
You will need to rewrite your Sql to work with this new design.
Let me know
Jerry
Determined
Thanks Jerry
It looks great, looks like I still have lots to learn about relationships!
Just can't get my head around it quite yet. It is frustrating.
Thanks for the help
Cheers
sredworb
Hi Simon,
Glad I could help. Let me know how the finished version finally turns out.
Jerry
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.