Full Version: Scrolling text in text box
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
markmcrobie
Anyway to make the text in a text box scroll if the text is too long to all be shown?
Thanks
freakazeud
Hi,
what do you mean? Do you want the text to automatically scroll through the textbox if it is too big (like a banner)...or do you want a scrollbar to appear if it is too large so users can scroll? Or do you want the control to grow/shrink based on its content. Maybe you can clarify a little more.
HTH
Good luck
markmcrobie
Like a marquee/banner. Reason is, in one of my continuous forms, one of the fields is "Task Name". This field can have a lot of characters, but I don't want to ruin the look of my continuous form by having any of the fields heights set to more than 1 line. And I don't have enough screen space horizontally to show the whole field. So I'd like for the text in any fields that doesn't fit to scroll, banner-style
freakazeud
Hi,
check the attached. Only a sample! I wouldn't play around with the value of the control, but maybe rather a label which is based on its value. This might also be taugh on a continuouse form.
Do you know about the zoom box (shift F2 I think)?
HTH
Good luck
freakazeud
Just realized you are using Acc97...check new attachment!
HTH
Good luck
markmcrobie
Your code works on a continuous form BUT only for the 1st record.
markmcrobie
Thinking about it, I imagine it would work on any record (1 at a time) if I tabbed through them. However my continuous form is display only - all the fields are enabled=No, locked=Yes so my users can't tab into them.
markmcrobie
And just for info, could you explain how it works? When I thought about doing I did consider that it would have to be some use of Left and Mid, but looking at your code I'm not 100% sure how it works, and I'd like to learn more.
any thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.