Full Version: Excel as a Database with an Interface
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Office > Microsoft Excel
I heard there is a way to make a sort've database in Excel with a user interface and a separate spreadsheet to capture the data. Does anyone know how to do this?
know Excel is not intended to be a database but it's the best option I have that will possibly ensure some sort've data integrity and control over data entry. I will be importing all the data into a database for the reports, I just need a way to capture it and Excel is the only program that all the users have.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
See the following:
If you're going to do this, you need to be very disciplined in how you structure your Excel files. They need to look like Access tables, really.
And do not open a Connection to an Open Workbook, this generates a Memory Leak. wink.gif
Thanks. This is kind've what I need but really wasn't looking at it being that complex.
heard there is a way to make a user interface with combo boxes, list boxes, text boxes etc in Excel and that's what I need to do. I can see where those articles will come in hand though for the actual back-end. Thanks.
Perhaps you mean a userform?
If you do just goto the VBE (Alt+F11) and Insert>Userform.
A looong time ago we've had a discussion with Carole on how to simulate a form via a worksheet...
Perhaps it helps?
Old Discussion
(scroll a bit down the thread)
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.