Full Version: Form Refresh Problem
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Golfnutt
Im having trouble with a form displaying data.

This is a little convoluted but I will attempt to explain my problem in summary.

I have a form that has some controls that are partially populated by using forms.<myform>.<mycontrol> and for some strange reason when I open this related form and I use me.requery, it will not refresh the record and the subform wont refresh as well. I have tried putting me.form.requery, me.<subformname>.refresh and requery and any other variation I can think of.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
Aquadevel
GolfNutt,

You might try:

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRefreshPage

Good luck, sad.gif

Aqua
Golfnutt
That didnt work and the strange thing is that when I click on one of the combo boxes and choose an item from the list it requeries the subform and everything works. I dont want the user to have update the contents of a combo box. I just want the form to refresh, including the subform, and update the underlying table.
Golfnutt
Ok it looks like there is no real way around the fact that I HAVE TO CHOOSE something from the combo box even if I have a default value already there. I would have hoped there was a way to simulate an after update event without having to actually choose something from the combo box.

Unless another solution pops up Im going to have to live with it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.