Full Version: How to spell check current record only?
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Ruth_67
I've been digging through here for a while and I can only seem to find code to spell check the active control.
oes anyone have complete code for spell checking an entire record (but ONLY the current record - not the entire database)? Note: it should also include fields on tabbed controls (those fields are not subforms).
crazy.gif
freakazeud
Hi,
try something like:
oCmd.RunCommand acCmdSelectRecord
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSpelling
HTH
Good luck
Ruth_67
Freak,
Can you explain to me why something so amazingly simple can generate so many threads in here????? wary.gif
YOU ARE A GOD!
THANK YOU. notworthy.gif
HiTechCoach
When you run spell check ( F7 key) , it by default will spell check all the controls on the form.

What all the post are about is how to not do what you want, the entire form, and just want to spell check a single control. Which does require some special VBA code.

Hope this helps ...
Ruth_67
FYI: When I press F7, it spell checks the entire database, not the current record only.
Bound2needhelp
You are fantastic. That works so great. I had wondered how to do spell checking but hadn't gotten around yet to learn.Thank you.
I'm always amazed how much I learn at this site just by browsing topics
HiTechCoach
Bound2needhelp,
agree that just reading post you wil learn something.
I would also recommend that you spend some time looking though the following forums:
Utter Access Tutorials
Access Code Archive (lots of great code)
Access FAQAs
Hope this helps ...
freakazeud
Glad you like it sad.gif
Good luck on future projects!
freakazeud
Glad it could help you as well wink.gif
Good luck on future projects!
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.