Full Version: Access shuts down?
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Reports
ppomatt
I'm finding Access 07 shuts down. I've traced my latest issue to this. When creating a report, I changed a text box to a label (right click, change to:). Upon saving the report access shuts down? Is anyone else having a really hard time working with 07? Is it just me? Has anyone tried Iware IM? Is it really a good alternatvive to usnig Access? (do I sound irritatted?)
Thanks!
freakazeud
Hi,
Welcome to UA forums.
I can't reproduce this problem. Does this happen in any application or report or just in one specific one? You are doing this in design view, right? There is an issue with adjusting the control source of controls programmatically and manually in layout view but it doesn't seem that this is the cause of your problem.
HTH
Good luck
ppomatt
Thanks for responding. Actually, this has happened in two of my Access dbs. The first time, I didn't have the time to spend figuring out the issue, I did my favorite work around (grab an older, working backup). This time, I was making the change and then attempted to save the report, so it was more apparent what the progression of steps was. Yes, this was in design veiw. The only 'change' i've made to my system was downloading AOL toolbar I"m a website admin and was working with a user who had AOL and the Google tool bar, so I decided to download those two products so I could problem solve an issue. I then deleted the AOL and Google bars. Would that be a cause?
freakazeud
Do you still have the problem after uninstalling the toolbars? I wouldn't think that that would cause any problems but you never know. Can you try the exact same steps in a blank new application?
HTH
Good luck
ppomatt
Yea, that sitll happens. I created a new db, form added a txt box, changed it to a label and Access shut down. I think i'm going to restore my system and see if the AOL tool bar was the culprit. If not, plan 2 (what ever that is).
Thanks for you help and time.
freakazeud
You're welcome.
Try a repair on the office installation and see if that fixes it.
Keep us updated with your findings.
Good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.