Full Version: Passing information from a word document to a field on an access
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
bennylynch
Hi,

Ounderstand access can send values to a word document and records can be added to an access table from a word document, but my question is can information in a word document be sent to a field in an access form and is there any instructions available to do this?

Thank you.
Edited by: bennylynch on Thu Feb 14 6:09:58 EST 2008.
freakazeud
Hi,
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but it might be a start.
HTH
Good luck
bennylynch
Thanks, i'll have a look
freakazeud
You're welcome.
Good luck
bennylynch
Hi,
had a go at this and there is a good chance it would be suitable, however I am importing data to a memo field, so the information in word document looks fine and could contain a few paragraphs, however when it is imported to the DB it loses the carriage returns and these are replaced by small squares, the resulting report does not have any line spaces between each paragraph.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.
freakazeud
You could probably try to replace the characters with real line feed carriage returns. Do a search here on UA of using the replace function to replace chr(13) and chr(10).
HTH
Good luck
bennylynch
Finally got it going with the following line of code, this populates a field on a sub form rather than adding a record to a table and it replaces the squares with a line, thanks for the help.
orms!frmobjections!subfrmObjection.Form.FullDetailsOfObjectionMade = Replace(doc.FormFields("Text1").Result, Chr(13), vbCrLf)
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.