Full Version: how to print comments on an excel spreadsheet
UtterAccess Discussion Forums > Microsoft® Office > Microsoft Excel
kbss
Hi i would appreciate if anyone could help me with this. I have an excel databse in which I have lots of comments to cells. I would like to print out the comments along with the contents of the cell. There is an option to print the comments in the page set up option but I am not able to print the contents of the cell. I would like to print cells in the order I would like it to print as.

Is there an option to print only the selected cells, the contents of the cells along with their comments?

thanks

kbss
freakazeud
Hi,
in the page setup screen can you select print comments 'At end of sheet'? This would print your sheet first and then the comments on a separate page at the end.
HTH
Good luck
aali_dad
Thanx Freak,

This Tweak helped me too.

Regards

Ali
kbss
Thanks,
I tried that. That does not give me what I want. I want to print a selected number of cells with the contents of the cell first followed by the comment attached to it. I want this to be printed for each cell separately. I am aware of the method You have described and it does not print the way I want it to.
aali_dad
Hi kbss

you can go to page setup and then to Sheet Tab and Select "As displayed on Sheet"

And you Can Select your cell having comments and select Show/Hide Comments. Hope this one will work.

Regards

Ali
kbss
I tried that as well. I want the comments to be printed separately , not as part of the spreadsheet. I want the comments to be printed like in a word document or in an access report - the content of the cell followed by the comment followed by the next cell and the next comment sequentially as columns in a page. Is that possible?

Edited by: kbss on Tue Feb 19 13:11:21 EST 2008.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.