Full Version: Open access to a specific form from a url
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
Jamie1985
Hi all
I have a button in the database
when someone clicks it, it takes them to an e-mail
in the e-mail is a url or file directory which takes the user to microsoft access database
e.g.
strHyperlink = "file:///F:\MJM%20Documents\Database\ICT.accdb"
strHTML = "<HTML><Body>Test Body.<p><p><a Href=" & strHyperlink & " target=new>ICT Support Database</a></body></html>"
Is there a way that I can put a variable in the url e.g. an ID and then when the user clicks on the link and is taken to the database it opens a form with the information for that ID in it prefilled
if you want me to explain anymore feel free
thanks for the help
Jamie1985
ok to make my question simpler lets start with this
How do i open a microsoft access database from an e-mail?
i.e. a link in the e-mail takes the user to a particluar database
thanks
freakazeud
Hi,
what do you have in place so far? Are you using an HTML email and include the link that you initially posted?
HTH
Good luck
Jamie1985
Hi
Yes I have an e-mail which is sent to the user and in it is the html link shown in the first post, thats it so far, the link takes the user just to the correct database at the moment.
freakazeud
I'm not sure if this works but try to use the /cmd command line switch within the link destination to pass in a specific string value. You can then use the command function in a startup procedure to retrieve the string value and open the specific form that you want.
HTH
Good luck
Jamie1985
Hi
I am quite new to command lines and I am not really sure how to apply it to to the url.
Do you know of any good articles on this subject.
I have tried googling it and havent find a lot
thanks
freakazeud
Here is one.
HTH
Good luck
Jamie1985
hi
eh i found that 1 but it doesnt really apply it to a url
thanks anyway
freakazeud
Well its a command line switch which would be a path when executed...an URL just holds a path, too...as mentioned I haven't tested this myself but maybe if you append it to the "URL" path similarly maybe it pulls the value into the application.
HTH
Good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.