Full Version: How many concurrent Users Can Access 97 Handle
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
catbeasy
Can anyone tell me how many concurrent users Access 97 can handle? Specifically, how many users can be adding data into a form at the same time?
Thanks for any assistance!
ChrisO
Specifically, if the database is setup correctly (split FE/BE) the answer is one.
Hope that helps.
Regards,
Chris.
catbeasy
Perhaps I'm not phrasing my question correctly. I have been able to have 3 users go into a form, enter data in the form and all 3 records appear without trouble in the underlying table. What am I missing?
Thanks..
ChrisO
In the title of your first question you used the word ‘concurrent’.

You then asked…
>>Specifically, how many users can be adding data into a form at the same time?<<

Access is a multi-user system.
When used correctly that system needs to be split into a (singular) BE file server and one FE for each user on their local workstation.
Therefore, the BE is multi-user but the FE’s are single user.

If you supply (as you should) one FE for each user then the answer to your question is one user in a single FE at any one time.

Regards,
Chris.

Edited by: ChrisO on Fri Feb 22 19:57:01 EST 2008.
catbeasy
OK, that a little closer..
Since I have had 3 folks adding data into the form at the same time, then I assume that one 'FE' has been supplied for each user already? I did not do this actively, so it would appear the system makes assumptions and does it for me?
Also, can you define what an FE or BE is? I am not familiar with those terms, nor am I am familiar with this whole multi user process, so any additional info is much appreciated..
Thanks so much for your assistance..!
ChrisO
Some people on this site go to a lot of trouble to prepare documentation for you, all one needs to do is a search…
http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1
That should answer all your questions re. FE/BE.
Regards,
Chris.
catbeasy
Thanks for the link, very helpful..
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.