Full Version: Updating form
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
PCtox
I have a main form with a linked subform at the bottom. I have a field in the subform set up to update when the related main form field changes. The only problem is the update doesn't happen until I move off the record and come back to the record.
That do I have to update in order to make the update occur when the main form field loses focus?
Thanks,
Peter
AQM_UK
In the after update event of the control (not fields on forms they are controls) requery the subform, that should do what you want i believe.
im
PCtox
Jim,
understand the concept but I'm not certain where to execute it. I can set up a requery macro which asks me what field I want to update. I attach that query to the after Update event in the field in which I change the value. However, I still have to advance to the next record and come back in order to see the update. I also tried to attach the macro to the After Update Event of the main form, with the same results. I should mention that I repeatedly get message saying Access couldn't find the field named XXXXX referred to in the expression. I expect this comes down to the subforms not being opened along with the main form?
In any event, the update works, but it takes another few actions for the user to see it...
Thanks,
Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.