Pipe Table
======
PipeID (PK)
ASLNum
"Table 2"
======
(PK)
PipeID(FK)
I have a continuous subform. I have a text box in which the user enters the ASLNum, but I want to store PipeID in Table 2.
When using a combo box, the user is able to select a value from a list, but store a different value - the bound column. I am unable to use a combo box because the list will contain thousands of options. I have experimented with making an unbound text box for the user to enter the ASLNum and then having a hidden bound text box to hold the PipeID via a DLookup. However, since the subform is continuous, the unbound text box shows the value for ALL records in the subform.
Are there any alternative solutions besides making the ASLNum(which is unique) the primary key and going against all fundamentals of autonumber primary keys?
Jack Cowley
Take a look here for a solution to the combo box with thousands of values...
lso, as the user starts to type in the value of the ASLNum the combo box will move towards that number so they do not have to scroll to find the number they want.... If they have to type in a number in a text box then the combo should work for you....
hth,
Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.