Full Version: Multi table form
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
matthewcn
I am trying to create a form that will pull data from multiple table's and use it to update a new table that will then create a report. Any ideas how I can make this happen?
Thanks,
Matt
Jack Cowley
Are you sure your structure is normalized? If it is you should not need to pull data from multiple tables to update a new table. With a normalized structure you should be able to create a simple query and base your report on that so I am not sure why you need/want to add multiple tables on a form to create yet another table...
know this does not answer your question... If you can give us some specifics on what you want to do then I am sure that someone here will be able to assist you.
Jack
matthewcn
I would not say the DB is normalized. Unfortunately I inherited this DB and it is not the way I would have set it up. I was asked to create a new report that includes 2 charts/graphs showing productivity and quality. I get these from a query that I wrote. Where I am running into a problem is there needs to be a form that the supervisor uses to input data for his employees and assign a score for attendance, teamwork, quality, and productivity, then the data from that form needs to be included on the report with the charts.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Matt
Jack Cowley
Matt -
I have never worked with charts or graphs so I can't help you there, but it seems possible to create a table and base a form on that so that the supervisor can enter the required data. Then it will be up to you to incorporate that data into your charts/graphs, but I guess that is your question and I don't have an answer!
If you are working with a non-normalized structure then you will have to find a work-around and that can be frustrating and difficult. You might want to mention this to your supervisor so they are aware that you are fighting an uphill battle and that a bit if time spent revising the db would be time well spent...
Good luck and I'm sorry that I do not have a solution for you.
Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.