Full Version: UnBound Text Box
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
AlipioSequeira
Hello al UA Members.
Here is my question and a simple one.
I have this form I use to issue Training Certificates for attendants.
And I have to give to each certificate a reference number that won't repeat.
So I placed in the form three fields that are in order the student PK; the attendance reference(PK as well) and training course reference secondary PK - something like: lgieNP0801- this means LG company promoting; ie internet explorer training; NP not paid by student; 08 year 01 firs course of ie in this year. Clear till now???
I know is possible because I had it done once but forgot how.
can I have a unbound txtfield to join these three fields in one.
I tried to join them in expression builder from the properties menu using "And" expression:
=[CONSULTA PARA EMISSÃO DOS CERTIFICADOS]![CÓDIGO DO FORMANDO] And [CONSULTA PARA EMISSÃO DOS CERTIFICADOS]!CAcção And [CONSULTA PARA EMISSÃO DOS CERTIFICADOS]![Chave do curso]
No results!!!
So some times I have to play with the length of the fields so the codes will fully appear. this is not good.
any ideas.
Greetings from Portugal
AlípioSequeira
Larry Larsen
Hi
Find some event in the form generally it's the "On Current" and use some thing like:
e.CertRef = [Part1]&[Part2]&[Part3]
HTH's
thumbup.gif
Vostromus
Make sure the table is the record source for the form then try this in the control source for the unbound textbox.
[CÓDIGO DO FORMANDO] & [CAcção] & [Chave do curso]
Obelive that should help. You want to use the ampersand (&) to concatinate the fields in your textbox.
i.e.
=[fieldName1] & " " & [fieldName2]
Good Luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.