Full Version: Horizontal scroll bar stopped working
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
gamaz
Hi,
I am working on a enhancement of a Access application (backend sql server). This mainly includes a status form that has numersous fields. The design of this form shows both scroll bar. However, after writing some code (which works) I am not seeing the horizontal scroll bar of this form. This is a problem as without it I cannot update some of the updateable fields as the pointer to a record is missing to let me know which record I am updating. This was working till morning.
really appreciate if somebody can tell me the issue and the resolution. Thanks in advance
CyberCow
Does your db 'compile' ? Have you attempted a 'Repair & Compact' ?
gamaz
The Access application database never compiled before. As far as I know it is a complex engineering application which has been developed internally by 6 different developers from different division. Hoever, without compiling it has been serving the purpose it has been built for. Do you have any futher thoughts. Thanks
CyberCow
Yes, Compile your VBA code. ("Compile" is a function of Access that checks the code for errors)
gamaz
Hello,
I have successfully compiled this application. Even then the horizontal scroll bar on the new Status form is not working. I am not sure what's going on here. Do you any any futher advise? Thanks
CyberCow
What about a repair & compact ?
You also try copying the form into a new, empty database, rename it, then import it back into the original to see what happens.
strive4peace
perhaps the form is bigger than the screen, or the bottom is below the screen boundary, and you are just not seeing the scroll bar ... maximize the form

from the design view of the form, also check the Form Property --> Scrollbars (on the Format tab)
gamaz
Thanks for this advise. I tried the advise of Crystal first as I thought it will be easy to check configuration and it did the trick. Thanks for all your help once again.
gamaz
Hello Crystal,
Owent ahead and checked the properties of the form. I found out that I was using dialog type form. I changed it to sizable with the maximum and control enabled. This did the trick. This allowed me to make sure the form is maximized. And now it works. Thanks a lot for your advise. I aprreciate it.
strive4peace
you're welcome wink.gif happy to help
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.