I've have been developing my own version of a database that Lou (kapeller) created. I have recently placed the old parent form from this database onto a page in a Tab Control and have got most things working fine.
The database returns search results to a subform called "frmSearchCriteriaSub". Say you have 3 search results displayed. If you do a new search that gets no hits, a msgbox is thrown saying so. After you "OK", the 3 hits you just got remain dispayed. So I want to work out how to follow that message box with a procedure that resets the "frmSearchCriteriaSub" form so that the user isn't confused by legacy results.
Before I moved the database design into a page on a Tab Control it used to launch with a blank display form. Now when it launches all of my records are displayed even though they are not meant to be. If I can work out how to force the main form to load without any results shown, I should be able to add that procedure to my search procedure mentioned above.
I've spent heaps of time trying to work it out and now have to resort to a plea for help.
Sorry I couldn't condense that any more. Attached is the original database(1) and the new project(2) with Tab Control.