Full Version: error - Could Not Update, currently locked by another session on
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
ABinBoston
I have a basic form with about 5 fields on it.
few are Memo fields
on some records, and only on some when opening the form and editing the memo field - this error pops up..
Could Not Update, currently locked by another session on this machine
when this happens, the record cannot be saved or edited.
If the form is opened up and any other field (non memo) is edited, then it will save - until a user tries to edit one of the memo fields... then no data can be saved....
we tried decompile, compact/repair, etc... and it still happens.
It happens opening the file from my desktop, with no other users in the database.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!
strive4peace
are you using a query as the RecordSource?
Is the same table part of the RecordSource for another form or subform that is in use?
ABinBoston
are you using a query as the RecordSource?
es
Is the same table part of the RecordSource for another form or subform that is in use?
yes
there is a form with a list of "Stories" - when you double-click the list - another form opens to edit the story data.... the form that opens is the one causing the error...
Thanks - AB
strive4peace
Hi ABinBoston (what is your name?)
Yes, that is probably causing a problem ... you have the same record open in more than one place. It is best to base each form/subform on just one table.
for better understanding of the basics of Access, read this:
Access Basics -- updated!
http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/showflat...;Number=1595005
8-part free tutorial that covers essentials in Access
Bluesman1
I am getting the same error message when adding comment text to a memo field via an update sql in VBA. However, the error occurs only after approximately 45 rows of comments have been entered into the memo field. For the first 45 rows, no problems whatsoever. At some point, something happens to the memo field and i start getting the error message when i try to edit it using the same method. I can edit the memo field with no problem by going "behind the scenes" and opening the table it resides in. I get the same error message for this field on all records in the same table when they reach approximately 45 lines of comment in the memo field. I'm not sure why my code runs fine up to a point, then i begin getting the error message.
strive4peace
Hi Bluesman (what is your name?)
ost your database and specify what to look at and enter...
a database attachment to a UA post has to be:
1. zipped up
2. < 500K
before you zip the file, do Compact/Repair (always do this before you post)
from the menu: Tools, Database Utilities, Compact and Repair Database
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.