Full Version: Preventing Bound Text Box Controls from being Scrollable
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
harua
I have several bound text box controls that display data, but are not supposed to be changeable. Originally, they were Not Enabled, which functionally worked fine. But the users complained that the greyed out effect was not very readable(fuzzy). So, I changed the properties to locked and enabled. This enabled me to use a color like greyed out, but the displayed text was much more readable. The problem is that the use can click and set focus in those fields, and then if they scroll with their mouse, they can scroll through records when they are not supposed to. I looking for a way to prevent the scrolling. Better would be disabling the controls with a way to make it more readable. Any ideas?
pere_de_chipstick
Hi Harua

I am not sure that making all the controls locked or nor enabled would prevent a user from scrolling through records.

You could try either
1. Opening the form filtered to the required record
DoCmd.OpenForm "YourFormName",,, "TableID=" & RecordIDNo
2. Use a subform
3. Use the form filter
Me.Filter = "TableID=" & RecordIDNo
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdApplyFilterSort

Also ensure that the form's allow additions property is set to No.

If the form is meant to be read only, then you can set the forms Allow deletions and allow
edits properties to No as well.

HTH
Edited by: pere_de_chipstick on Wed Jul 16 18:09:20 EDT 2008.
Larry Larsen
Hi
Is the forms "Cycle" property set to "All Records" if so change it to "Current Record" and see if that helps..
thumbup.gif
harua
H. Jackson Brown,
Thanks, so much. That solved my problem. Harry
harua
HTH,
One more time. The other suggestion I received to set the form cycle property to 'current record' solved the problem. Thanks again, Harry
Larry Larsen
Hi
Glad it worked for you..
My the way.. the letters HTH mean "Hope that helps"
thumbup.gif
pere_de_chipstick
Hi Harua
Glad Larry's suggestion worked.
Though I am a bit surprised, setting the "Cycle" property to "Current Record" will stop the TAB key from moving the focus to another record but will not stop the mouse scroll wheel from moving to another record.
Anyway - if it solved your problem, all's well and good.
Larry Larsen
Hi Bernie..
It was just a thought as I'd never tested it before..
thumbup.gif
pere_de_chipstick
No Problem Larry
The OP seems happy - you obviously interpreted his post better than me! thumbup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.