Full Version: Form Opens Blank - Want To Show First Record
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
jlax
I have a form (linked to table) that used to show the first record automatically, now, all of a sudden it shows a blank record on opening. I have to either Filter excluding a what I presume is a null value (i.e. blank field) or sort the records. I cannot search records until I do either. This is very annoying as users often need to search immediately upon opening this form. I do not know what changed all of a sudden and cannot determine how to change it back.
I've tried all the simple things, for example, (1) the form is supposed to open in edit mode (not add/new record mode), however, it seems to continue to do this anyway; (2) sorting automatically; (3) filtering automatically.
Please help me return the database to normal. Thanks.
austenr
Can you post your DB, we can probably figure out whats wrong with just the form.
jlax
Unfortunately, I cannot due to restrictions of sensitive information. However, I can provide the following:
On Form Properties the following fields seem to auto-populate:
Filter = ((CompanyInformation.Co_Name Is Not Null))
Orderely, I cannot due to restrictions of sensitive information. However, I can provide the following:
On Form Properties the following fields seem to auto-populate:
Filter = ((CompanyInformation.Co_Name Is Not Null))
ORDERBy = CompanyInformation.Co_Name
Even if I delete the above information from properties, it returns after the form is opened and navigated.
What confuses me most is that even though the above filter says filter for Co_Name is not null, no data appears (no blank or empty records are hanging out there in the linked table either). It's when I seem to filter by excluding the Co_Name field (seemingly by excluding a null field) or even just by sorting it with the sort button, all the records appear and all is well.
Any thoughts?
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.