Full Version: Drop down lists on forms not saving
UtterAccess Forums > Microsoft® Access > Access Forms
swijesinha
Hi,
I have created a form with tab controls. Within the tab controls I have inserted Subforms with drop down lists.
When I attempt to add/change info via these drop down lists they don't save.
I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I'd like to get any feedback and advice on how I am creating these forms.
I have attached my database.
Thanks in advance,
Sam
CyberCow
Either I'm absolutely blind, or there are no forms with any Tab Controls in them.
Is there a particular form you wanted examined?
swijesinha
Hi,
It's Supplier_alldetails. I hope I am using the right terminology when I say Tab Controls.
When I say Tab Controls,the Supplier_alldetails form has 6 tabs named Contact Details, Scope Of Supply, Projects, Insurance, Category of Supply and Assessment History.
The tab Contact Details and Assessment History have drop down lists (Combo Boxes) which when I try to add or update won't save.
Sam
swijesinha
I'm dumb. I've posted a different version of the database.
Find the right one attached with the form Supplier_alldetails.

Apologies. I need to delete a few versions floating about

Edited by: swijesinha on Thu Jul 17 23:55:29 EDT 2008.
Edited by: swijesinha on Thu Jul 17 23:55:52 EDT 2008.
CyberCow
You have to assign a "ControlSource" to your combobox. I suggest: [Priority]
Hope this helps
swijesinha
Hi,
Thanks for that suggestion. If I assign [priority] to the drop down list "Control Source" I get an error saying it's "control cannot be edited, it is bound to an unknown field".
Basically are you saying I need to add another field where the text will be stored? because at this stage the value from the drop down list is not being stored anywhere?
Thanks for your help,
Sam
swijesinha
I deleted all my combo boxes and re-added them using the wizard and they all seem to be working now!?
CyberCow
Sometimes, a control can get corrupted. Rebuilding them is usually a good method to repair.
When you assign a Control Source, you generally only need to select from list the property viewer provides when doing in a bound form. So, you needed only to select "Priority" and not hand enter "[priority]"
Glad you sorted it anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of UA. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.